It’s spring training time. My favorite thing I do for work each year, and it’s not even close. For the third straight year I’m off to Arizona because it’s simply better than Florida. Both for baseball and for my own personal reasons.
The tentative schedule:
- Today: Hohokam Park for the Cubs and Dodgers in Mesa, assuming no flight delays;
- Thursday 2/28: Scottsdale for the Giants and Mariners;
- Friday 3/1: Tempe Diablo for the Angels and Dodgers;
- Saturday 3/2: Salt River Fields for the Rangers and Diamondbacks;
- Sunday 3/3: Camelback Ranch for the Dodgers and Indians;
- Monday ¾: Surprise for the Rangers and Padres;
- Tuesday 3/5: Phoenix Municipal for the Athletics and … the Italian WBC team! Which should be fun;
- Wednesday 3/6: Goodyear for the Indians and Dodgers;
- Thursday 3/7: Maryvale for the Diamondbacks and Brewers;
- Friday 3/8 Day: Probably Peoria for the A’s and Mariners; Night: Chase Field for the USA vs. Mexico WBC game.
If you find yourself in one of these places on one of these dates, let’s meet up.